Friday, January 4, 2008

add a little spice...

Hello, all!!! Can you believe we have entered 2008!!!??? I am amazed. Recently I was thinking on the quote, "Variety is the spice of life." I think that is true in most cases, but I think we can all also state that too much variety can be very stressful as well. For our family Christmas newsletter I wanted to take this quote to a different level by matching a spice to the personality of my kids so you could get a quick perspective on them, but... funny how one spice just is not complex enough to describe my little kiddies. Then, I began thinking about the kind of "spice" I want to be in this life, for my famiy, friends, and even those who do not know me. Now that is a loaded thought, and to be honest I had to put it on "the back burner" so I could chew on it a bit. Well, I came up with a few of many thoughts that pretty much sum up what I would like out of this life that I lead. I want to live intentionally, taking advantage of the joys, sorrows, and everything in between and be better, more gracious, more full of life and not just living and dying in it. I want to do better so I can perhaps live with fewer regrets. I want to touch lives around me to see that a relationship with God and knowing Him is the most important thing in this world, and to show them that it is not boring but full of so many wonderful things. I want my kids to see how much I love them and to be able to impact them for Jesus and to grow in Him. There is so much... I want my life to be a sweet and pleasant aroma to you, but even more to Jesus. May this dish, which is me, make you want to "taste and see that the Lord is good". I would like to throw out the challenge to you... add a little spice to your life.

3 comments:

  1. WOW! What a great way to stay connected! I look forward to updates and photos! Love you all!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice first post. Good message.
    Jonathan

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great way for you to keep in touch with all your family and friends on this side of the world! We love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete