Tuesday, January 8, 2008

The Age of Days...



















Above, Miranda enjoying her candle and cake that her daddy made...and Antonio was our "king of hearts" for the day...:-)



Okay, so I am a little behind. Miranda's birthday passed two days after Christmas and I have not even made her birthday card yet. Typical ending to last year. But I wanted to do better this year, and, so, I made one for Antonio's birthday, which was yesterday the 8th. I thought I would share the words written in his card. It is normal for me to write so much and in such a way. I do it because I want them to always remember the blessings they are to me and what is truly of importance in this life. Even if they do not understand what I write now, it is a seed of truth that I can plant in them. I also do it because our days are numbered, and if I cannot live to see my kids to adulthood, my words are left behind to them as a legacy of love- visible and tangible. And, so, here is a love letter to my son...

Dear Antonio, HAPPY 7th BIRTHDAY!!!We are so blessed to have you for our son, and we are grateful to God for giving you to us. We pray for you, always, that God will capture your heart, and that you want to know Him more. He is THE most important Person in this whole world. Do all things as unto Him- to please Him. Ask God to help you be a man of HONOR, INTEGRITY, and LOYALTY. You are good-looking, smart, fun, and so much more, but remember that without God we are really nothing good... May God bless this year for you and continue to grow in you and teach you. We are blessed to be able to watch you grow in each day.Remember to give thanks for breathe, strength, and life. It all comes from Him. "This is the day the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24 Loving you so much- PapĂ , Mamma, G, L, M, and D :-)This note was written sincerely to my son, but the message is one I would also want to impart to you as well. Life is short. Each day passes and is gone, no turning back.
Labels: AGP 7, Birthdays MLP 2
draft

3 comments:

  1. I like your custom of leaving your children with wisdom from you for each birthday. Hopefully these will not only be treasured in their hearts but will be passed on to future generation as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is such a cutie!! I can't believe she's two already!! How awesome for you and Antonio to share this special day. There is no greater gift than that. I love what you wrote to him in his card. He will cherish that when he is older:) HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ALL OF YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finally got to check out your blog! happy bday to the children. you are busy and i'm sure they didn't mind the cake being "late".
    Thanks for sharing you r journal with us to go read. I also made my boys birthday cards so far and even their birth card too. i need to have a blog just to show that. LOL i hope i will continue that each year. Celita i know you are loving being connected w/the world and so glad we can KIT through computer.

    ReplyDelete