Monday, February 4, 2008

Simple Things And Wonder-y Days

I would like to draw you attention to one little fact... Your life is constantly being observed by others. Even your likes or dislikes can shape how another relates to you. Below is a copy of an email I recently received from a family member. I was amazed that something so insignificant as a "get to know you" survey could prompt someone else to be encouraged, blessed, or just be a reminder to enjoy something... Who knew!!??? Well, I am honored. I have had this verse from Colossians 3:23 in mind quite a bit over these months. It says, pretty much, "Whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men." Even small things, like sending e-mails, a simple phone call to say "just calling to say hi and thinking about you", or a hug... simple things like that can sometimes mean so much. May God continue to use the simple things I have to offer to bring a smile to your face, a hug to your heart, and a moment of relief or a reminder to your every days. God bless you and keep you. May He make His face to shine upon you, be gracious to you and give you peace... Numbers 6

Hey Cuz,

I just reread your email about the Just One Word and when I got to the part about your favorite color I got really excited because you typed sunsets. I got excited because this morning I was on the bus (on the way to school) and I wasn't in the greatest mood (b/c it was 7am on a Monday morning and I was going to school). The sky was cloudy this morning and it was basically pretty dreary, but all of the sudden my bus went up a hill and right on the horizon across a big field there was this huge patch of an orangy-pinkish-samony-peachish-absolutely-drop-dead-gorgeous sky. It was so bright and magnificent that it literally took my breath away. And it was so close to the horizon that when we went up another hill and when I looked at it long enough it looked like it was a big lake of bright water that was surrounded by the clouds on one side and tree tops on another. It was without a doubt one of the coolest things I have ever witnessed, and I just had to praise God because who else can do that? Ya know? Who else can turn such a dreary sky into a painter's pallete of wonder? Only God can. It was truly exhillerating. A guy got on the bus right after I started admiring the sky and I said to him "S*, look at the sky!" It's funny because he very rarely sits with me since I'm in the back of the bus, but he did today and he looked and said "That is so sweet." All I could say was "S*, that's how I know there's a God." He looked at me kind of funny, but then I said something like "Who else could make something that beautiful?" I don't know what he thought, but I hope the moment was as special for him as it was for me. God is so good, and He knows how to make me smile. That's something that I love so much about Him. So anyway, it used to be purple, but my new favorite color is sunrise.
Love you.
C*

No comments:

Post a Comment