Monday, February 4, 2008

A Vow Of Dedication...



We had Dario dedicated, in between sicknesses, on Sunday, January 6, 2008. It was a beautiful opportunity to present ourselves as a family before God and our church community and declare our intent to raise our children up in the "ways of the Lord". There is no better way to do it... to raise our kids with God's help, His wisdom. We fail in so many ways, but He never fails. He knows all things, and His ways, though we may not always understand them, are perfect. We are honored and blessed to be His children and to know that He has promised to be there with us in our parenting journey, to help, encourage, exhort, discipline, etc... with whole and unconditional love and a perfect plan that we need never doubt or fear. What a relief!

2 comments:

  1. congrats on the dedication. Thank you for sharing...blessings may he grow to love and serve the Lord

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the symbolism of dedicating our children to the Lord. It's a true sign of surrender...and I continue to do that with my kids each day...I must or else I will do it in my strength instead of His.

    ReplyDelete