Wednesday, March 19, 2008

A Cause For Unrest...

aggitation grows in my heart...
an effect of those who share words and actions
only meant to take, take, take, and make one weary,
with disapproval in every angle of their expression,
the high expectations which they place on my tired shoulders
reminds me of the Pharisees in their zeal.
Jesus said for me to rest and He would carry the load,
yet some seem to feel the need to test me to the limits,
putting weight that sinks my soul in cloudy exhaustion.
these are the kinds of people i try to avoid.
i long to be whole, full of peace and joy and love
not to be shackled by unwarranted guilt inherited by others.

release me, Lord, from this foggy soul
frenzied by others' cloaking worries and critiquing.
rescue me from the heaviness that threatens to ruin this day.
remind me that i am your precious child
and heal this wounded soul once again.

amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment