Thursday, April 10, 2008

And God Set The Rainbow In The Sky...


(vs 13)"I set my rainbow in the cloud, and it shall be for the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. (vs 14)It shall be, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the rainbow shall be seen IN THE CLOUD; (vs 15) and I will remember my covenant which is between Me and you and every living creature of all flesh; the waters shall never again become a flood to destroy all flesh. (vs 16) The rainbow shall be IN THE CLOUD, and I will look on it to remember the everlasting covenant between God and every creature of all flesh that is on the earth." Genesis 9: 13-16

The rainbow has lost its meaning over the ages. Some have claimed its bright colors as a symbol for their own ungodly behavior which they claim as their "rights", and others have used it as a banner for peace. Still others think of it only as a beautiful, scientific phenomenon. Even so, it often goes unnoticed in our hurrying and scurrying about. But to me, it is a reminder of the "hope" I have in knowing that God is alive and working for our good. Even if we do not acknowledge Him, our unbelief does not nullify who He is and what He does in every moment of every day.
The rainbow fills me with wonder and joy when I catch a glimpse of it across the sky. It reminds me that God "keeps His promises" and that He grants us hope in the "clouds" of life. It is my own personal love message from God, encouraging me to "keep on keeping on". And since he is "the same yesterday, today and forever" (Heb.13:8), we can rest assured that His promises really do extend out to us always and forever.
So next time the day is overcast and threatening to overwhelm you in its grey, "blah" dreariness, look for the rainbow and be blessed as you keep in mind that God gave it to you to show you, once again, that He is there, ready to love you and to be part of your every day.

1 comment: