Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Strength In Weakness...



The first photograph is of me and my friend, Romina, at her cousin's wedding in August of 2007. The second picture is of our healthy miracle babies, Martina (3 months) and Dario (5 months) this past weekend.
We had a visit from some friends of ours from Rome this weekend. She and I were pregnant at the same time (she with her daughter, Martina, and I with Dario), and both of our labors and deliveries were not easy. Her daughter, Martina, was born at the end of December, and her birth experience was plain traumatic. We had a good cry together as we recounted our individual stories. At the end of each, though, we were were crying not so much from the pain, discomfort, and trial that we faced at the time, but rather because of God's goodness and faithfulness to us. We have both come away from the experiences STRONGER, knowing that our strength has ONLY come from God above and we were able to see His hand in ALL circumstances. What a sweet visit...

Psalm 18:30-36
*vs 30-As for God, His way is perfect; The Word of the Lord is proven; He is a shield to all who trust in Him.
vs 31-For who is God, except the Lord? And who is a rock, except our God?
vs 32-It is God who arms me with strength, and makes my way perfect.
vs 33-He makes my feet like the feet of deer, and sets me on my high places.
vs 34-He teaches my hand to make war, so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze.
vs 35-You have also given me the shield of your salvation; You right hand has held me up, Your gentleness has made me great.
vs 36-You enlarged my path under me, so my feet did not slip.

1 comment:

  1. The miracle of life is overwhelming and when you can share in the joy and trauma of delivery with someone it's very special because you understand one another so clearly. God bless you both on your blessings!!

    ReplyDelete