Wednesday, May 14, 2008

6th Paper Cutting- 1 Corinthians 13:7...


Well, this cutting is dedicated to marriage- namely MY marriage. When we found out about Dario last week, Anthony and I dealt with the information in different ways, and, we had a sort of falling out. It was both of our faults and neither of our faults, all at the same time. The day after, I sketched this while thinking about how life is about comings and goings, joys and sorrows, all kinds of changes, challenges, and trials; and through it all, as it says in 1 Corinthians 13:8 "Love never fails."

In some versions of the Bible, verse 7 says, "Love... bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, and endures all things." Thankfully, we do not need to lean only on each other. What would happen if we were both weak? No, we lean on Jesus. He promised us in Scripture that "when we are weak, He is strong" and that "His joy is our strength". I am grateful that God has provided me with a husband who loves and is dedicated to his family, but, even more, that he loves God with his whole heart. How grateful I am for Jesus' blessings and provisions.

This cutting is also dedicated to family- namely MY family. If you pay attention, you will see a little tyke-ette (supposed to be Miranda) in the back seat looking on. They, our kids, are always watching us, their parents. And learning from us. How I desire that my kids learn only good things from me and my husband, but, as we know, they also pick up some of the not-so-good, too. They may see our faults, but that is okay, as long as they see us being humble and forgiving towards one another, merciful and kind, showing love when sometimes we are being unlovable. Love is action, Love is pure, kind, gentle, and that is what Jesus is. "God is love..." Rather than trying to be "all things to all people", or I should say to all of MY little people, I am trusting God to take who I am and let Him show Himself through me, with all of my mistakes, failings, and everyday silliness.

May you be inspired by Jesus' loving kindness, and may His peace, hope, joy, and faith grow in your hearts and in mine, too.

2 comments:

  1. These are very beautiful papercuts. I will keep your family in my prayers. Keep on living each day to the fullest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you and Anthony are doing OK...

    ReplyDelete