Thursday, May 1, 2008

"Jeremiah 29:11" (My 2nd Original Paper Cut)


"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord, "plans for good and not for evil, to give you a future and hope." Jeremiah 29:11

I am into creating images with pregnant women in them. All of my women drawings are pregnant at this time. Well, perhaps this is my coping method for not having anymore kids. :-) Who knows. But I could not resist having a woman full of complete joy riding a bicycle while pregnant, (even though that may not generally be recommended, but it is okay on paper)... and in peace knowing that her life is in God's hands. He has a plan for her life, and a plan for the baby she has in her belly. *sigh* I really enjoyed this one. Take notice of the funny, hanging squirrel. Any little bit of detail or humor I can manage, you will get. Well, hope you enjoyed this one.

P.S. I am having issues with cutting the writing part, so if I use it for anything, I will be writing in the verse by hand- with a pen... Sheesh!!

9 comments:

  1. That is pretty cool! Where did you say you get these patterns again? Maybe I'll give it a whirl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay... if you google "geocities-heartland- scherenschnitte" you will get an overview of things needed and the definition of it, and basic how- to... there will also be three different patterns you can print out to try... i have been in touch with papercutting.blogspot.com and asked her if i can practice on some of her stuff. so... give it a whirl, and you just might find yourself addicted... i am. the two i recently posted are my own out of my head. you CAN use small, pointed scissors, too, but i don't have any at the moment. i plan to invest in them since i am starting a crafting group with the 14-17 year old girls from the church. Pray for us!!! i am so nervous and excited. we start tonight with two of the four girls. well, let me know how it goes... so excited that you are trying it!!! can be as easy or difficult as you like. check out the papercutting.blogspot.com site to see what i mean. love ya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the tips and that's great that you are starting up a little craft group...how awesome to use something you like and are good at to connect with young girls and encourage them! let me know how that goes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You and I have similar paper cutting styles! (High five!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. really??? how so? i would take that as a compliment. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You cut simple scenes from life, as do I. I cut other things too, but I think those are my favorite. If you go to my blog and check Feb. 15, I guess that one kind of reminds me of your work...but I guess mostly it is just the feeling of whimsy.

    When you shop for scissors for your youth group, you might try going to eBay. Enter the search words, "NTSA" and scissors. Know all those scissors and knives that get confiscated at airports? This is where lots of them end up. I've bought some really nice scherenschnitte scissors here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are getting amazing at these paper cuts. You will be starting a business soon. I love that you choose themes through a Bible verse to make the cuttings. I would love to hang them all over my house, seriously. I would want to get ACMoore to frame them all. You have an ACMoore in Italy? :O LOL Thanks for sharing these with us to see and enjoy. I know they take time and patience because I needed it to make my snowflakes this year but it was so worth the time of how beautiful it comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooh, what a great tip, Snippety. Love that!!! Thank you. And thank you also for checking in. will check in with yours as well right now... by the way, love the little buildings you made. just sweet and perfect for play time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How I WISH we had AC Moore or Michaels or Hobby Lobby or any nice, big hobby store around. Little by little you can find things, but it's not like finding them there, yet.

    ReplyDelete