Tuesday, June 3, 2008

9th Original Paper Cut- "Bonfire In The Woods"...


Here we have our family- my hubby, me, and our five young'uns enjoying the outdoors: two playing with a ball, one playing on the back of a chair, one in daddy's arms, and one resting by a tree (or pouting, depending on the day :-) ) There is also a hovering bat by a nearby tree. I like the plaid moon! Do not be surprised if you see this one again in a sharper paper as the plaid in this one kind of makes it seem a bit washed out, but I do like the cut itself. Fun days and memories!!!

6 comments:

  1. I love how you're playing with papers. This looks like applique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these paper cuts will one day be treasures for your little ones:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that--how talented you are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The composition is good and I like the plaid (or is it gingham?), but I agree with you...I think the plaid makes the scene wash out a bit. It really is a lovely scene and like Claudia said these will be cherished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the constructive criticism, Snippety... i will have to adjust it somehow. thought of color penciling it all in green... hmm... any ideas? and you and claudia are sweet to remind me that these are originals speaking of our family, faith, and home- and in a way they are heirlooms to my kids and their kids, too. Funny, i had not quite thought of them that way. what a fun way to make a memory to last a lifetime!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are right, gingham is the right word, i think... oops...

    ReplyDelete