Friday, June 20, 2008

Father's Day...



















Living in Italy, we get the benefit (or not) of two Father's Days. Well, I personally can never forget our traditional American Father's Day (though, sorry, Daddy and Pop-pop, I did not call right away...). The kids were sick for a week before, and the last of the kids was upstairs trying to avoid noise due to a fever and nausia, so pictures are not as detailed as normal, but still reflect the effort. We love you, Anthony!

Here are pictures of Anthony eating the nice meal of pasta and brasciole that I made. And here is the paper cut I did for his card. It was based on Psalm 127:3-5 which says, " Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord. The fruit of the womb is a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, so are the children of one's youth. Happy is the man who has his quiver full of them..." It was rushed, but was from the kids, so the mistakes make it look it. :-) (Being a bit "particular", I had to talk myself into accepting that reasoning so as not to drive myself crazy and do it again...and I was already late getting it all done, so...)

There are also pictures the kids drew for their PapĂ . Antonio did a 3 part dinosaur story. Giosaia did Pinocchio and Lightining Mcqueen. Luca did a family portrait and a man. Miranda did a very colorful one. And I also did a white crayon secret message which I was recently reminded of on a blog I check into often. (I will get back to you on which one that is...as I have blanked at the moment. Sorry.) It says "We love you!!! Your 'arrows' think you are the best and blessed..." I did it as I was short on time, in case you are wondering why I did not have the kids do it. Next time...

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful expressions from your children to daddy! Glad the kids were feeling better:) You are a wonderful wife and mother Celita!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Claudia. Your encouragement is always appreciated. have missed being in touch with you more often. have a great day, and know that you are being thought of... love to all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, it makes me so happy that you did the secret message thing! =)

    I love that verse you used on your FD card and I'm writing it down to remember for next year!

    ReplyDelete