Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Two Journeys Into Africa!...


I have a piece of my heart in Africa. In Liberia, to be exact. I have never been there, but I know some people who live there. My parents financially adopted a boy there, Moses, who has become my brother (see picture- please feel free to help me pray for him and them). The supervisor of the orphanage where he lives is Jackson. One day, my dream is to go and love on them... to be there for them hands on. Until then, I am here, waiting... praying. I send emails every once in a while to get or give an update. But I long to do more.

My parents are going on their second trip to Liberia in January. If you would care to help support them in any way, let me know and I will direct you to them.

Also, below is a link that Elva Frye http://www.myspace.com/elvafrye, my cousin, set up regarding her coming trip to Kenya. Please check it out.

http://journeyoffive.blogspot.com/


And, remember this quote, "Prayer is not preparation for the work. PRAYER IS THE WORK! (Oswald Chambers)


Amen!

1 comment:

  1. I have a friend who is a missionary in Kenya right now. And another who is going to do some humanitarian work in October. I see so many hearts drawn there right now. It is quite moving.

    ReplyDelete