Tuesday, September 9, 2008

August Wedding 1 of 2: Filomena and Felice Wedding...






















This is the first of two weddings we had in August. Filomena is a cousin of Anthony's on his dad's side. She married Felice. The first pictures you see are of a mini ceremony at the house of the bride. As she passes under the arch and unties the ribbon, it signifies her leaving her parent's home to enter a new life with her new husband. I am not sure if this is a common practice or not. It IS the first time Anthony has caught it on camera for me to see. I only went to the reception, not the house or ceremony.

Oh, and the last picture is of a restaurant that was directly next to the restaurant where the reception was held. It was called the Ristorante American... Just HAD to get a picture. Maybe it is not a great one, but the best I could get. And, it IS still a memory. :-)

5 comments:

  1. I love the symbolism of the bride leaving her home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is really neat...never saw that before...thanks for sharing it...love seeing wedding pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun to see all those photos of your trip. Thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yowsers, what a gorgeous wedding dress!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for sharing these lovely weddings. I don't think I know them or met them before. Zio's side of family? anyway, I also love and was reminded how children can attend weddings there and are part of the celebration. Over here you know how it is with the late night weddings and nobody wants to bring the kids. :) LOL

    ReplyDelete