Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Major Praise Report...

Well, today we took Dario to the Orthopedic doctor in Naples that we had seen back in June... I got pictures of the beautiful view this time, too. So, after all is said and done, she (the Doctor) was very happy with the baby's improvement. His head control and head movements are fine now, and the little tilt he has now is barely noticeable from others who would not know what he has endured. When she tried to stretch him like his therapist, Maria Pia, has, he proceeded to do just as he does with her, squirm and squeal and try to escape. Clear sign he wanted to be left alone. I mentioned that over the last month Maria Pia has not had very much progress getting him to do his therapy for that reason. I had already been told by her (M.P.) that he was no longer positively responding to the therapy, which at the time made me very concerned and, okay, stressed out. Actually, as he kept pulling away he was pulling contrary to where he should have been pulling. And, the doctor backed that up and gave us the "free and clear"... NO MORE THERAPY!!! HE IS FINE!!! She actually said that if we did more it could damage the nerve by over stretching it especially forcefully. So, we are done. We are sad not to see Maria Pia as often, but we agree to make attempts to see each other when possible. God is faithful and so good. I am overwhelmed by His goodness to me. I sprinkled some tears on our way home, overwhelmed by it all. We passed some very heavy and stressful moments, and I can look back to see God's hand supporting, upholding, encouraging me along the way.

Thank you also, Anthony, for your encouragement and patience with me as I struggled along trying to do my best to help Maria Pia and do some of the exercises on my own; for tolerating my venting moments until I got myself together again; for being such a good daddy and husband, and loving us so much. Good support is worth more than words!!!

And, thank you, ALL, for your prayers, encouragement, and support. I was blessed to have you there along the way. May God bless you for your kindness, thoughtfulness, and prayers... Have a great day!

PRAISE GOD FROM WHOM ALL BLESSINGS FLOW!!!

3 comments:

  1. Praise God from whom all blessings flow!!! That's awesome Celita and I am just so thankful to God with you that he is in the clear. He is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear things are doing better. See all you guys live and in color in about 2 1/2 weeks!

    ReplyDelete