Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Five Things Meme Tag...

My blogger friend, Nancy, tagged me with this simple and fun get-to-know-you, and so, I thought it would be fun... Here are five random things about myself...

1) I can cross both eyes, or even just my left one by itself. :-)

2) I love paper and colors and small odds and ends, which might be why cardmaking, scrapbooking, and artist trading cards are some of my favorite things to do.

3) I played violin for 3 years in elementary school without ever really learning to read music. I played by ear, following along (and not always really well... eek!), and to this day I can follow notes, but tend to lean on my ear to keep up. Does that maybe mean I may have a learning disability as far as reading music goes? Always wondered.

4) When I was a senior in High School, and year book details were being organized... there was a particular entry for the year book about "where such-and-such person would be in ten years". Well, someone thought it would be funny, and another person thought it funny to publish, that they thought I would be a NUN... I was not easy, did not date, and I guess, holding to my beliefs made someone uncomfortable out there. But, as you know, I am not a nun, though I love my Jesus. I am dedicated to Him, married happily to my hubby, and have five kids... Nope, not a nun. :-)

5) I love old 30's, 40's, and 50's movies (romance ones, mostly)... I used to be able to quote trivia about movies and old actors like crazy, I have been known to pray for the ones who are living, and I cry when one of them passes away... Boo-hoo about Paul Newman!!! :-(

And now, I will tag a few of you, in hopes that you would like to participate...

Octamom

Snippety Gibbet

Takin Time To Smell The Flowers

Mozi Esme

Susan

Have a great day!!

6 comments:

  1. I love knowing that you can make wacky eyes at will. Thanks for the tag. I'm enjoying pondering this one.

    PS...I'll be out of town for a week, so if you write, and I don't respond...that's why.

    PPS...I hope I can find the ATC I owe you. I've been less than organized lately. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there!! Love your list and getting to 'know' you better! And yes, boo-hoo about Paul Newman--he truly was one of the greats.

    Glad that I'm not the only stockpiler around--hee hee!!

    Thanks for tagging me! I did a 'quirks' one last week--now I'll need to think random--this could be scary!!!!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there! I think I commented yesterday but now I can't remember so now I'm back to make sure that your know I love seeing you over at my place and I love your comments and this looks like a fun meme and I'll be thinking of some random things and I hope your week is going well and if I already commented yesterday, well forgive my repetition!

    Whew!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tag - I'll be trying this one of these days!

    A cross-eyed nun - I never would have pictured you as that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great list! A nun! Imagine that. I was offline a couple of days - late getting back to you.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete