Looks like a fun one for the whole family!!!
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Monday, July 28, 2008
These were made for two birthday parties for little girls that I know... :-) The first is "Apple Picking" and the second is "Lady Bug with bow"... Happy Birthday, I. and E.! Blessings to you both...
Thursday, July 24, 2008
"...the clouds are the dust of His feet." Nahum 1: 3
The imagery of this verse has always been a keen reminder to me of how great, grand, wonderful,and awesome our God is. May the knowledge that He is bigger than any problem, concern, or circumstance encourage you in your faith and bring you comfort, joy, and peace. For "Nothing is impossible" with Him. Have a great day!
Have you ever received a bit of encouragement, inspiration, kindness, at just the right moment when you needed it? Well, I have been driven to tears (really) as I am blessed and honored to have received a blogger award! It is from LaDonna from Vintage Photo- Oil Artist (see http://ladonnawelter.blogspot.com/).
She has passed on the "Wylde Women Award" to me.
Have you heard about the new blogger "Wylde Women Award" that Tammy Vitale recently created along with the artwork above? The Purpose of the Award is "To send love and acknowledgment to women who brighten your day, teach you new things and live their lives fully with generosity and joy."
By receiving the award I get to share it with some of my favorite bloggers. Here are the rules.
1. You can give it to one or one hundred or any number in between - it's up to you. Make sure you link to their site in your post.
2. Link back to this blog site (http://www.tammyvitale.com/) so Tammy can go visit all these wonderful women.
and remember the Purpose of the Award: To send love and acknowledgment to women who brighten your day, teach you new things and live their lives fully with generosity and joy.
In no particular order my Wylde Women Awards go to. . . . . .
1)Cindy at http://papercutting.blogspot.com/ Though I have never met you in person, I am so blessed to have you in my life. Your generosity, kindness, creativity, and expressions of faith amaze and inspire me. Thank you!
2)Elaine at candelorochronicles.blogspot.com I am blessed to have you for my friend. I LOVE this creative streak you are allowing us to be a part of. :-) Thanks for sharing your ideas and your friendship with me. Love you!
3)Jan at http://snippetygibbet.blogspot.com/ You have already been awarded one from LaDonna, but I just had to chime in on that one. I value your creativity, your openness in sharing, and the friendship that has sprouted out of our contact. Love to check out your blog and life adventures. Thank you for sharing! (Get your bike yet?)
4) Jill at http://homemadebyjill.blogspot.com/ I love to check out your blog. Love your ideas, your creativity and that you allow us all in to see and be a part of it all. Congratulations on your coming "Baby Love". I know we have never met, but I check your blog regularly because I do consider you a blogging friend.
5) Michelle from http://scribbit.blogspot.com/ Thank you for your great ideas to keep our kids busy, for offering us moms the chance to remember that we actually did not lose all of our brain cells in childbirth, and that we are still "Wonder Women", each in our own way.
6) Jena from http://www.yarnsoftheheart.com/ Thanks for your sweet and generous offers of blog candy, advice, and personal notes. You are a blessing...
7) Ice Cream Diary from http://icecreamdiary.blogspot.com/ Laughter is like a medicine, and, well, I have never heard your voice but I can "hear" you anyways. You make me laugh, joy, and enjoy things with you and your family. Hope you, Cheeks, and the rest of your family are well. Blessings!
8) Scribbler at http://www.vintagechildrensbooksmykidloves.com/ I love your interest in books, and that you share your interest in a way that draws us, the readers, in to each story, giving us a taste, but leaving us hungry for more. That is what learning is all about. And I look forward to learning more each time I check in to your blog. Hope your okay...
9)Laura at http://decortoadore.blogspot.com/ There are not words to express how much I have enjoyed being in touch with you. Thank you for your encouragement, creativity, and for sharing your life journeys with the rest of us. May blogging friends never cease! :-)
10) Pam from http://goodnewsfromafarcountry.blogspot.com/ We may not know each other, but I have become very accustomed to checking into your blog often. Thank you for sharing your adventures and thoughts. You really have inspired me to be better. You are a breath of fresh air to a hungry soul. Thank you for sharing your faith and living it out in the blogging world. And, I thank God for keeping you safe!
11) Mozi Esme from http://moziesme.blogspot.com/ Love your accounts of life in Africa! My heart longs to visit with you over a cup of tea or lemonade, but since I cannot do that, I just wanted you to know that I appreciate what you say very much. Be safe, and God bless!
12) Michal from http://sleepymum.blogspot.com/ Your thoughts and words inspire me to keep trying my best and to enjoy the blessing God has given me like my famiy, my marriage, my kids. That says alot. Thank you.
13)Emily from http://emilyhogarth.blogspot.com/ I am still amazed that you, such a papercutting professional, would come to check out my little works and like some of them! You are sweet, kind, and so very talented. Thank you for making time for commenting... Love your work.
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Sidewalk Chalk, balloons, watermelon, water balloons, food, toys, and outdoor fun!!! It was a simple party with the theme of bees from the Bee Movie (which I really liked), and focusing most on Striped Stars and striped balloons. Anyhow, we started the party around 3 pm and the last person left at 10:30 pm. Most of the art was made by the kids, except for the man's face and a woman holding a baby (supposed to be me). Those were made by Anthony, my husband. Giosaia loved being with his family and friends and celebrating his special day in unison with his older brother, Antonio. He had asked me months ago to celebrate his birthday with him because Antonio had not had a party for his birthday because many of us were sick at the time. So, to honor a very unselfish request and, hopefully, cultivate more seeds of compassion, giving, and love, we willingly granted it. It made my heart soar to see them so happy together. Brothers... and at the same time...Friends.