Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Officially Back!!!...

We got in this afternoon and are currently trying to get ourselves back into the hang of things. Today will be busy getting back into a good schedule with the time, eating, getting some homework completed (boys), minor cleaning, and RELAXING. What a ride we had... turbulence, arm baby, bathroom breaks too numerous to count (did i ever tell you how much more difficult i think it is to travel with a daughter who is potty trained?), old plane with only one tv screen, expensive ear phones, delayed lunch, and exhaustion! But... we are safe, Praise God, and well. Anyone else get colds or sick after plane rides? I wasn't always this way, but over the last few years it has become inevitable that I get something. STINKY!!! let me tell you.

It is so nice to be back in our own beds and eating more normal. THOUGH, we miss our friends and family in the STATES very much. Luca threw a massive fit when we got to the airport. My brother-in-law and sister-in-law took our family and my nephew to the airport, and Luca and I got teary eyed. Luca just plain could not handle leaving Zia Julie (Aunt Julie)and screamed and cried when he had to say goodbye and enter into the building. Boo-hoo!!! We will do our betterest to keep in touch even betterest than we did before. That is all we can do.

So, I will be posting several entries on our trip as soon as I can find the cord to download pictures back onto my computer. When I find that you will have a glimpse into our trip. Thank you to all of our hosts and hostesses. WE LOVE YOU!!!

7 comments:

  1. so glad that you are home and safe!!! i've notice my mom seems to get sick after her plane rides...you need to take Emergen-C or Aribourne before you get on an airplane next time to help your immune system! it was so nice to have you all here and to see the kids again. that is so sweet how much luca bonded with his aunt julie!! i know it must have been hard to say goodbye but very sweet to be back home...looking forward to your pics!...hope you got mine!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thought of your little one crying at the airport to not have to leave her Aunt Julia, just brought tears to my eyes.

    I was worrying about where you disappeared to! Glad to have you back my snippety sister. jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well...Zia Julie misses you all a ton too and Luca about broke my heart! haha! BUT...we will see each other again soon! It is way to quiet here with just 4 kids in the house!! HAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. O Celita and Anthony and all the children, it was awesome and a priviledge to see you. I am so thankful I got to see you even if it was for a short visit but we got to eat Mexican homemade Spanish food together that my sister-in-law made. :) I got tears in my eyes how you explained how you and Luca were crying. I feel it. I can't wait to see the photos. I didn't have my camera that evening and so I depend on what you took. :) I hope you find your cord!

    I love you and miss you already! Thank God for the internet to keep in touch more often!

    Love Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Celita! So glad you all made it back safe and sound. I hope your time was blessed and look forward to hearing all the wonderful and funny stories.
    Love,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Celita,
    Great to hear you guys made it back home OK and it was also good to hear from Antonio in his "encouragement" email to the guys. We are all too busy like you seem to be these days. But I am so glad that you were able to visit over the Christmas holidays and that we got to see you more than once and even "break bread" together.
    By the way, how did Caleb's friend do (you may have said it, but I can't remember! And I do not even remember his name.). Is he traveling the world soon or is his next stop back home?
    Anyway, say hello to Antonio and everyone there, please. And Thanks! We love you and miss you.
    May God keep you in His care.
    Jonathan

    ReplyDelete