Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sick And Tired Of Being Sick And Tired, And Yet...

I like to keep this blog interesting, but, it seems that life keeps getting in the way of all the things I would like to do with that. Keeping that in mind, may I just say... I am so tired.

With everything that has been going on with the baby, you may understand. But then we have Antonio with on and off fevers and missing WAY TOO much school. And then... All day yesterday, Miranda kept complaining that she felt like she needed to "spit" (aka Throw up). Last time she felt that way, she came down with a yucky bout of diarrhea. Yup, that is what we woke up to this morning. Miranda is nauseous and has diarrhea.

Tired of being sick and tired... That is what I am. But, on a positive note... As someone reminded me a couple years ago when I was dealing with another such time as this... "The Lord inhabits the praise of His people." and Where He is is healing, hope, joy, strength, and all of His many other blessings. Praise His name!!

Today is Passover Sunday, and... I am overwhelmed as we approach Easter and all that this part of the season means. This last week, while Dario was sick and in the hospital, I have focused so much on how the Bible says that "By His stripes we are healed..."

My Jesus, you care about us so much. You desire that we surrender and trust You with everything that is in us, so that we can find True rest, True Peace, True Joy, True Hope, True LOVE.

So often, we lose our focus, becoming distracted by the circumstances surrounding us or our loved ones. And, You reach out Your arms saying, "Come to me, you who are heavy ladened, and I will give you rest."

Lord, I need Your rest. You know that without Your Spirit I am TOO weak, TOO hopeless, TOO discouraged, TOO full of what is not right. But with YOU, I am victorious even in difficult times! I am Strong! I am FULL of Your joy, Your hope, Your peace, Your love, Your patience, Your... many blessings. Thank You!!! My sweet, and most loving Lord!!! I do not know how people can live without You! For, even in my seeming distress, I know you are near, and I can find that quiet spot, just to rest a moment and find "strength for today, and hope for tomorrow." Sigh... Be with us always, Jesus. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Celita, I am so sorry you and your family are going through this horrendous time. You are so good at encouraging yourself in the Lord, though. That will see you through. When I am weak, He is strong.
    Praying for you, right this minute.
    Love,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete