Friday, June 19, 2009

June 6, 2009 Michael W. Smith in Bari...


Standing in line, waiting to get into the arena...







Brothers- and their cousin peeking in...























Sound check...







The concert begins with Nico Battaglia...























































3rd or 4th Cousins- still family... :-)






























And, once again, God met me where I was... This is the second year EVER that Michael W. Smith has come to do a concert in Italy, and this year was equally as memorable as the first year, two years ago. We got there early, got front row on the standing area on the soccer field- about 12 feet from the stage, and... I gave a card to one of the security guards for Mr. Smith and it was confirmed that MWS got it. Okay, the card mostly said "thank you" for all these years that he has had impact on my life. I could definitely mention lots of times, but... I won't. Anyway, there were 15 of us from our church who went, if I remember correctly. A well known Italian Christian music artist named Nico Battaglia opened for Mr. MWS. The concert was very much like a worship service. So refreshing. I was blessed beyond words. I was hungry for something in particular, and God granted me some relief and the opportunity to unload my heart. Big sigh... Here are some of the pictures of the event. I will add the group picture when I get it from someone else. Afterwards we went out to pizza. We got home at 3 am. Crazy!

3 comments:

  1. Man! Your kids are soooo cute! I loved looking through all the pics Celita... It's amazing to see your children grow in the pictures. Thank you so much for sharing all your pictures with us, it's wonderful to be able to see your whole family!
    Love, Crystasl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Celita that is awesome that you were able to experience the wonderful music of MWS and so close up too!! The pics were great and I'm so glad that you had the chance to get away and enjoy it with your hubby =)

    ReplyDelete