Monday, August 3, 2009

Belated July Posts: Giosaia's 7th Birthday Party...
















































































Dr. Seuss-ish writing? :-)





























Twister is a great gift for a Foot Party!!! All of the gifts were wonderful. Thank you!






















June and July have been stock full of things to do, so I will have some catching up to do now that we have officially entered August.

The theme was Dr. Seuss' "Footbook and the things feet do". Such an easy and very originally fun one, I tell you. Try it and see what you come up with!

Giosaia celebrated his 7th birthday and was so pleased to have friends over to celebrate with him. A horse passed by for entertainment. Anthony played a spin the hula hoop game with the kids. I prepared games, which actually came together remarkably. There was a sock relay, a pawprint search and find treasure hunt outside, and what I lovingly call the Footloose and Fancy Free Dance Off (sort of like a mix of musical chairs and Red Light, Green Light, One, Two, Three). I put together favors of printed off mazes and other activities and the poem of "Footprints in the Sand" in both English and Italian. My hubby prepared the Sunday lunch for all of our guests, and it was yummy!! I got an interesting cake set up, too. At the end of the night, I was still grinning from ear to ear with how beautifully it went.

4 comments:

  1. My wonderfull cuz, I am still reling the fact that you have become a woman and mother. Please tell your husband that I wish him great success in all that he does! You had the best teacher, so I know you are a great mom. the lord has blessed you and when He takes me with Him I go knowing that he has blessed me with a wonderful family. In Jesus' name!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear A!!! I am so blessed and touched to hear from you... I will pass on your greetings and kind words. I Love you, and wish we could spend some time together before that... Give hugs and love to everyone from me and mine. And, see you "soon"!!! May the Lord "bless you, keep you, make His face shine upon, and give you His most wonderful PEACE..." Numbers 6:24-26
    Amen...

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are just so talented and creative! God has blessed you with this unique ability to take something that is ordinary and make it into something extraordinary!! so glad it all went so well =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love having parties for kids.. They would really love it even how simple it is.. For them, that moment will be unforgettable..

    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete