Wednesday, August 5, 2009

If I take the wings of the morning,
And dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
Even there Your hand shall lead me,
And Your right hand shall hold me.
--Psalm 139:9-10



This verse had special meaning for me, and still does, when we were preparing to make our move here to Italy. It reminded me that even across the widest, deepest ocean, He, God, would still be there. He would never leave me, forsake me, abandon me, forget me. He would help me, guide me, direct me in every step of my life, wherever I live.

No matter how fearful I was, how alone I felt, how angry, depressed, shocked, disilllusioned, discouraged,hurt... He promised to give me "strength for every day, and hope for ever tomorrow." I cling to that, I trust in that, I rely on that, I believe in that... Because my Jesus is always faithful, never unjust, and can be trusted in every way. I may not understand His ways, but, guaranteed, His ways and will are perfect even if I lack understanding, comprehension, if I feel restless, unsure, insecure...

He is never insecure. He never makes mistakes. Nice to know...

1 comment:

  1. The verses took on special meaning to me when I was deciding to go to South Africa after college to hook up with my now-husband...

    ReplyDelete