Friday, September 11, 2009

A Mix Of Days...



Today is certainly a mix of days... So many things to rememeber, mourn, half-mourn, and celebrate, I almost do not know where to begin.

Today is my and my husband's 10th Wedding Anniversary. Yes, that is something to celebrate!!! :-) I am truly blessed to have found my match in every way. My brother-in-law gave a great toast for our wedding which I think of in spitter-spattering moments of my life. "God must have smiled on you when you were born because He knew that one day you would marry my brother." Believe me when I say that it was the sweetest of cheers.

If God smiled on me, He must have chuckled under His breath at Anthony because He knew that his life would never be bored living with me. We sure have a lot of the spice that comes from life. Someday I should do an allegorical story of the different spices that exist in our home. (giggle-giggle...)

What do you expect mixing together an Italian and an Hispanic person? Hah!

Anyway, I just want to say... Anthony, I love you and am so grateful for you. I am honored to have you for my husband and as the father of our children. I am blessed by your amazing work ethic, your sense of humor, your love for your family, your care for other friends and family members, and your desire to do your best at all times for your family and God. You are an amazing man, and I am in awe that I can call you "My Own". For, Song of Songs says, "I am my beloved's and He is mine."

Happy 10th Anniversary!! I look forward to the rest of our lives together. No matter the challenges, trials, sorrows, fears, joys... may we always stay focused on Jesus, who loves us both to distraction, helps us to love each other better than we ever could without His help, and is working in us both "to bring us to completion".

It may be a long road with lots of curves and potholes, but I am grateful that I have you with whom to travel along that road. I love you!!

May "God bless you, keep you, make His face shine upon you, and give you peace..."

(Numbers 6:24-26)



And, moving on... Who new that my beautiful wedding anniversary would be so full of sorrow for so many? As we know, it is also the anniversary of 9-11, the day the Twin Towers fell. May God continue to comfort those who lost on that horrible day, and may He save America from itself. Help us, Lord, to remember what you say in 2 Chronicles 7:14...

"If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

And my other anniversary... It is 6 years today that we have lived in Italy. It sure has been an amazing experience. I would not ever lie to you and say I have enjoyed it all. It has NOT been an extended vacation. But, it has been full of growth, blessings (three of my five kids were born here, for example), sorrows, missings, longings, and so many difficult lessons trying to be learned.

Thank You, Lord, for being patient with me, for loving me, for Your mercy and grace, and for granting me "strength for today and hope for tomorrow" in all of my many seasons.

May my life be a blessing to you, and may the fragrance of my heart and soul bring Your heart pleasure. May it be to you a sweet smelling sacrifice of praise to You. Amen.

Sometimes trudging, sometimes gliding, sometimes crawling, Sometimes walking, sometimes trodding, Sometimes running, sometimes barely moving...

My best attempts at goodness, faithfulness, patience, long-suffering, love, etc... are nothing in comparison to Yours with me. In all of my attempts, hopes, desires, failures, growths, and trying-to-be-faithful moments... I am Yours. Thank You, Jesus!


Click HERE to see the papercut card I made him. :-)

6 comments:

  1. absolutely beautiful Celita...congratulations to you and Antonio and God Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a post, Celita. May I just say that your marriage is a blessing to so many, including Silvia and me. We love you all and wish God's continued blessing on your family as you keep your eyes fixed on Him.

    Happy Anniversary!

    Jeff, Silvia, Isabella and Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless you both Celita! And may you have many, many years together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!! 10 years is awesome! Its almost unheard of for a marriage to last that long nowadays! Congrats!!! I know exactly what you meant about an Italian and Hispanic living together lol. My boyfriend is Hispanic and I am Italian and its always a rollercoaster :) *Thinking of those that lost their lives and families on 9-11* Your post was beautifully touching :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary! (belated)
    Amen to the curves and potholes (funny!) in marriage. But like you, I wouldn't have it any other way. My dh adn I will be married 15 years this New Year's Eve.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great!!! happy Anniversary! congregulation to you...
    gingko biloba

    ReplyDelete