Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Weave Your Way In Me, Lord...

This is how I feel about my papercuttings... It is my own tangible way to understand God's own role in being Creator, Master, Artist of my life. I have an idea which I draw out in pencil. I correct, adjust, and organize, then I cut it out carefully, anticipating that, with each snip or slice, I am getting closer to the official surprise piece of art. I am never 100% sure how a piece will come out, but I love that rush of hope and joy that fills me as I see it all coming together.

I love that God KNOWS the perfect way to Create, Correct, Adjust, Organize me and my life. He does not guess, but KNOWS. I can trust that He really does see the whole picture, and He knows what is best. His seeing is for the past, the present, and the future, and my ways, in every sense, are known to Him.

Weave Your way in me, O Lord!!

Philippians 1:6 says, "being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ..."

And...

Jeremiah 29:11 says, For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope."

Corrie ten Boom Quote: (which I remembered when looking at Mud And Coffee's blog... Thank you for the reminder!!)


MY LIFE IS BUT A WEAVING

My life is but a weaving
between my God and me,
I do not choose the colors
He worketh steadily.

Oftentimes He weaveth sorrow
and I in foolish pride,
Forget He sees the upper
and I the underside.

Not 'til the loom is silent
and the shuttles cease to fly,
will God unroll the canvas
and explain the reason why

the dark threads are as needful
in the skillful Weaver's hand,
as the threads of gold and silver
in the pattern He has planned.

1 comment:

  1. I keep want to start this comment with ‘good’ or ‘nice’ or ‘great’ but none of these seems strong enough, or appropriate enough for what you just posted.Just fantastic and mindblowing blog keep it up..!!!
    acai berry

    ReplyDelete