Monday, October 19, 2009

I Have Said It Before, And I WILL Say It Again...

I know, I know... I have not been around much. Life has thrown me some curves that just had to take priority. Actually, I have been sputtering in the creative area just because I have been so preoccupied with other areas that need attention. Important things. When you see your kids struggling with things, you must stop and give attention. When you see your home being overrun by the Laundry Monster, you must stop and give attention. When you are so tired that you haven't the energy to focus on those important things, something has to give, and you must give attention. On and on and on...

Anyhow, as much as I have missed being in touch more, being creative, and all that, I am truly grateful for this chance away, too.

I have been learning a lot in this mini season of waiting and rest and re-prioritizing...

The verse from 1 Corinthians 10:13 especially comes to mind over these last few days. Those of you who know me best will be especially blessed by my news, and feel free to shed a tear or two of joy with me. I assure you that even as I write this a tear or two will be shed.

First, my Lord is faithful. There is no doubt about it.

Second, the verse... :-)

1 Corinthians 10:13 says, "No temptation (I have also heard it could be used as TRIAL) has overtaken you except what is common to man. But God is faithful who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but will, with the temptation, provide a way of escape."

I have dwelt on this verse so many times over the last... 6 years. Really. It has been 6 years since we moved here to Italy, and our time here has been one of MANY challenges. Many is even not a strong enough word, but... it will suffice just to get the point across.

There is not enough time to share the struggles I have had, but... I can share this. I recently have felt an amazing peace in spite of even more challenges. I have wondered at it, and just praised God that He has finally helped me to be content even in the hard days. I am not perfect at it, but I HAVE gotten better.

A friend came over last week for supper. And I was blown away as we ended our time together. She had a WORD from the Lord for me, which confirmed, that after 6 YEARS of challenge and trial, I am entering a time of REST. I am overwhelmed by God's faithfulness.

You may think me strange to be grateful for the hard times I have suffered... I am because I have implored the Lord to use those times to bring "beauty from my ashes", to bring blessing in spite of some horrible moments.

As I have learned to surrender and trust My Lord, He has taken it all, healed my heart, and blessed me and my family with more Faith in Him, with Joy Unspeakable, and Peace that passes all understanding.

I have to trust in, cling to, rely on, and believe in my Jesus because without Him I could never survive the challenges, at least not with joy, peace, hope and faith.

Only with His help have I had that. Only with His help have I been open to helping others in my own need. It is only in Him that I have flourished instead of dying because of the pressure, stress, and exhaustion of too many trials, and many times all at one time.

I am blessed because I KNOW that He cares for me, and if He cares for ME... for sure He cares for YOU.... YOU... YOU...

HE says the He is the "same yesterday, today, and forever"... Not me, Him. And what He has done for me, He can and will do for you... when YOU learn to trust and surrender. Trust in, cling to, rely on, and believe in HIM with all of your heart, soul, mind, and strength, and let Him make "beauty for your ashes."

Be blessed, dear one. Even as I write this, I am wondering who does not believe these words. I weep for you, and I ask that God fills your heart with faith to believe. As He does you will come to understand even more that "Faith is the substance of things HOPED for, the EVIDENCE of things NOT YET seen." (Hebrews 11)

Blessings on YOU, your family, your marriages... Blessings in Jesus' name!!

3 comments:

  1. that is awesome celita that God has given you this word through a friend. i can't believe it's been 6 years since you lived here and i know there have been many challenges that you have had to overcome but God has been there through them all and i can see the growth and change in you...God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Claudia. I am blessed as I see clear evidence that the Lord has been answering my prayers to grow in me, use me, and continue the work He has begun in me. Obviously I have so much more to learn, so much farther to go in my journey of Faith, but... I am blessed thus far, and I know that our God is faithful!!! Thanks for sharing my joy, and for acknowledging that you have noticed a change. means a lot. love to all...

    celita

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a blessing you are!

    Please stop by and enter my Halloween giveaway.

    ReplyDelete