Saturday, February 20, 2010

It Is Time!!!...

I was reading Matthew 18:19-20 “Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven. For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them.”


We are body of Christ… We are spread out across this world, but we are a Body. I love how the Lord did not say, in the same place, but He said “on earth”. Because there are moments when we just CAN’T be in the same place, but we have the assurance that He is in the midst of us because we are believingin Him together, to do amazing things in our lives, and in the lives of others. What a faithful, loving, and thoughtful God we serve. He binds us together even from afar!! This includes ALL of our brothers and sisters in this world: Asia, Africa, South America, North America, Europe. EVERYWHERE!! Let us lift up our brothers and sisters as the Lord puts them on our hearts, and look for opportunities to pray for them. Don’t just ignore them, as they are part of OUR body.


I am learning a lot about fasting and prayer these days. I am currently rereading a book “Fasting For Spiritual Break Through” by Elmer L. Towns. I would encourage you to consider using this powerful spiritual tool. PRAY ABOUT IT, AND SEE HOW THE LORD IS DIRECTING YOU. All I know is… I see how the Lord is beginning to answer prayer. It is a tool we do not utilize as much anymore.


If you are struggling with circumstances, emotions, physical needs, etc… or if you know someone else is… considering standing in the gap for yourselves and them by fasting and praying. This specific line from the book touched me tremendously…


“…fasting, though not specifically mentioned, is the best way to help meet the conditions of humility and seeking God’s face as set forth in 2 Chronicles 7:14.


‘If My people, who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.’ ”


I know that many of us have been praying for that in our own lives, in our families, in our nation or country, and overall. I have grieved over the slow progress and the “take one step forward only to have something happen and feel that we have taken 10 steps back”… It is time to change things up a bit… We need to live in the power that God has called us to live in. After all He did say, “the same Spirit that raised Christ from the dead” lives in us!! So we should be living in His power and seeing and doing and living amazing things. We should be full of His joy, hope, peace, love, and we should increase in faith. But, we often don’t. I don’t. But I am sick of it, and I want more of Jesus. If you feel the same way… Let us join together to implore the Lord for His Spirit to rain down on us, to move and work and grow in us… But let us not just implore Him with our words, but also with action. After all, “Draw near to God and He will draw near to us”. We often make it a symbol of our souls, minds, hearts drawing near to Him, but… We can also draw near physically.


You may not agree with what I am sharing. I hope none of you will be offended that I felt to share this so freely. If you do, I only apologize for bothering you. I do not apologize for feeling so strongly about this… as it is proof that the Lord is working in my heart. Praise The Lord!! AMEN!


I love you each very dearly, and I hope and pray that your heart’s desire is to want MORE of Jesus in your lives. I long to be together, but if it cannot be here on earth, I at least want to have that hope that we can spend ETERNITY together with Jesus.


With so much desire to grow and be better, and hoping…


Celita

2 comments:

  1. This was such an inspiring post! Thank you.

    I had to close my email account as it was attacked. :(

    Our school lesson went well. Very simple but as with all things a small seed has been planted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI, Glad you enjoyed it... If you get another account, I hope you will let me know... I have enjoyed keeping in touch with you, my dear friend. Have a wonderful day, and keep planting those seeds. :-)

    ReplyDelete