Friday, March 19, 2010

"Jesus, come..." Or "Let me go..."?










"God doesn't give us overcoming life, He gives us life as we overcome." by Oswald Chambers

************************************************************************************

A friend of mine shared the following quote with me yesterday. She is currently in the hospital with her daughter who is just a little younger than Miranda. Her daughter was sick with a virus for the last 2 ½ weeks, lost too much weight, and so now they are doing testing to see what is up.

Anyhow, she text messaged this to me yesterday, and I think it is quite a wonderful thought to chew on… and to grow in...

“I want to get to the point of being in a storm and not praying ‘Jesus, come on the boat and stop the storm’…but rather, ‘Jesus, let me walk on the waters with you’!!!”

May we do JUST that…

Thank you, Nicky... Thinking of you and praying...

************************************************************************************

Let us rejoice together for HIS marvellous blessings. Let us count them and stand in awe of His goodness!!! And, while we are at it, I have attached the words to a hymn that was on my heart yesterday.


Tis So Sweet To Trust In Jesus


'Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just to take Him at His word,
Just to rest upon His promise;
Just to know, Thus saith the Lord.

Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him!
How I've proved Him o'er and o'er!
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!
Oh, for grace to trust Him more!

How I love to trust in Jesus,
Just to trust His cleansing blood.
Just in simple faith to plunge me
'Neath the healing cleansing flood!

Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him!
How I've proved Him o'er and o'er!
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!
Oh, for grace to trust Him more!

Yes, I've learned to trust in Jesus,
And from sin and self to cease,
Now from Jesus simply taking
Life and rest and joy and peace.

Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him!
How I've proved Him o'er and o'er!
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!
Oh, for grace to trust Him more!

I'm so glad I learned to trust Him,
Precious Jesus, Savior, Friend,
And I know that He is with me,
He'll be with me to the end...

2 comments:

  1. love oswald chambers and that quote is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I actually got this quote off of your Facebook status!!! I thought it was very profound, and it suited this particular post, so I decided to use it. I am glad I did. Great reminder for today. Thanks for sharing!! :-)

    ReplyDelete