Saturday, April 3, 2010

Happy Easter... Happy Resurrection Day!!!


2010 Easter Papercut...





Oh, my heart is just overwhelmed. I try to make Easter special every year. Living in a different country where the traditions are not what I have been used to in the past, I have tried to make my own traditions- even wracked my brain trying to come up with ideas to make new, special things to do or create to make the days/events even more special.

This year I managed to do some neat things for Christmas, and I thought that FOR SURE I would be able to come up with some things for Easter as well. But, you know what, Easter snuck up on me... even though I have been counting the weeks and days of its arrival. I still have arrived to the day before, and I still don't know how I want to add some extra spice to the moments I have with my family to make another great memory together.

I ache over it, but, I think that I am also coming to terms with something. It does not matter how I choose to add spice to the day. IT IS IMPORTANT ENOUGH ALL ON ITS OWN!

Woh! Did I really just say that? Yes, I did. You see, we DO want to add so many special details to life, to add glimmer, sparkle, shinyness. It is fun, but, it is also extra. In the end, a day like Christmas or Easter is important because of the REASON why we celebrate it, not because of HOW we celebrate it. (though I am the first to want to add food, decor, or games!!!)

I made this papercut this year for a trade with a blogging friend who asked me to make him one for Easter. When I had completed it, I marvelled. What if I had been one of those women? What would that have been like?

*************************************************************************************

After days of grieving, weeping, and fear... Deciding to go to the tomb to finish preparing the body of my beloved Jesus. Dead! Truly Dead! How could it be? Tears, so many tears.

The walk to the tomb is a long one. Almost numb with an aching heart, swollen eyes, and tired. Just plain tired. So much to look forward to before, or so I had thought. And it all came crashing down when my Jesus- "the Messiah King"- DIED. Oh, the groan of despair... I don't understand.

Finally, I reach the tomb. And the women who are with me stand bewildered, gaping mouths saying nothing. I glance up to see... an Angel confirming with real words that Jesus is not within the dark space. Rather, He is risen just has He said He would.

Oh, the feelings that threaten to succumb my heart. Belief? Disbelief? Fear? Amazed joy?

Is it a dream? Can it be so?

Then a realization... All the words that He shared before seem illuminated in my mind, in my heart, in my soul. He HAD said that He would rise again on the third day. He had said and restated over and over how He would have the victory, and that we could have that victory through Him. We had not understood; but it was coming to pass.

I drop to the dirt and put my hands over my eyes, tears streaming through them, releasing the grief and filling my heart once again with hope AND FAITH. My dear friend calls to me, "Come, we must tell the others!" I just kneel there, stunned and so relieved. Then she reaches behind her to take my hand to prompt me to my feet.

Still pondering what has just happened I hurry away with her, anxious to say the words to another, even just to confirm them to my wary heart. But, I am most anxious to see my Jesus again, for He is alive, we are His friends, He WILL come.

*************************************************************************************

I am still working on the plans for games or a craft to do with my kids. I DO really want it to be fun and memorable for them, in a very sense appealing way. I Do want to eat good food, and just enjoy the day in an extra ordinary way. But, more than anything else, I pray that we may all be anxious to see Jesus! For He is ALIVE!!! Just as He said!!! We must surrender to Him, live for Him, and be His friends, so that one day- not too far away- we CAN see Him again.

2 comments:

  1. Amen! Jesus is coming back and I believe it will be very soon. And as you said, "We must surrender to Him, live for Him, and be His friends"


    Matthew 25:21 (New King James Version)
    His lord said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant; you were faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.’

    God bless you, Ron

    ReplyDelete
  2. A blessed Easter to you, also...

    ReplyDelete