Friday, April 9, 2010

Stewardship 2010 Post 2...


(Papercut I did back on August 6, 2008.)




http://perilloparodies.blogspot.com/2010/02/february-10-2010-my-word-for-year.html

Above is the link to a previous post about my Word For The Year. After some prayer and inspired confirmation, I felt that my word is Stewardship. It encompasses a lot.

Since my last post on the subject, I have not had very much inspiration in regards to what this word might REALLY mean to me in my life. If I think about it, it can be pertinent in SO many different areas of my life. Literally, it can be overwhelming to consider how it can touch every portion of life and every relationship.

It has been challenging waiting for another burst of illumination. You see, I am waiting. I don't want to wrack my mind for what it COULD mean to me for now. Rather, I want the Holy Spirit, the true Teacher, to illuminate my mind, heart, and soul with HIS confirming words on the subject. Like I said, I can come up with all kinds of ways that the word could be meaningful to me, but in reality, only God knows me to my very core. Only He knows what I REALLY need to work on. He knows the motives and desires of my heart even better than I do. So, I wait.

And I think THAT is part of my lesson. It is not clear yet, but I am thinking that WAITING is part of Stewardship. I wait for seeds that have been planted to grow. I nurture them, give them the care and the food they need, and wait some more. It is like that with my kids a lot of times, too. I train, teach, love, discipline and do everything I am supposed to do, but I still have to wait for it all to sink in, for God to bring revelation and to touch the heart with the truth. Actually, it is the same in and through me, as well.

So, Waiting... I am not great at it, but, I am learning.

The biggest revelation for me while in my waiting was while I was browsing the blog of another bloggy friend. He posted this portion of Scripture from Ephesians 5:15-21,

"15- Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise,
16- making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil.
17- Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord's will is.
18- Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit.
19- Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord,
20- always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
21- Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ."



Now, the whole portion of Scripture is full of meat, but what really got my attention above all else were the words "... making the most of every opportunity..." (verse 16)

That is DEFINITLEY part of Stewardship.

As I sit here, letting it all stew in my heart, all I can say is that I am glad I serve a God who cares enough to help me grow and figure out how to be better. May this lesson time bring much fruit, and, may the seeds that are being planted, or have been planted, in my heart flourish and grow and bring amazing things.

Thank you, Jesus, for being near.

Now, here is a song related to the verse in the above papercut. I grew up listening to it, and it comes up often in the themes of my life. That IS what I pray. No matter how much it hurts, I know that God is looking out for my best interest. If He thinks something needs to change, I must be willing to let Him change it. It will be better for me, my family, and those around me, in the end. I must TRUST and have FAITH in Him... I must Cling to and Rely on Him, my God, my Best Friend, and My All.

Change my heart oh God
Make it ever true
Change my heart oh God
May I be like You

You are the potter
I am the clay
Mold me and make me
This is what I pray

Change my heart oh God
Make it ever true
Change my heart oh God
May I be like You
(got online HERE...)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Celita

    Ah yes! God's 3 answers to prayer...yes, no and wait.
    Waiting is always the most difficult. But God ALWAYS knows what is best for us.

    By the way, I love that song "Change My Heart oh God"
    Thanks for a great post,

    Your Brother in Christ, Ron

    ReplyDelete