Thursday, May 20, 2010

In Christ Alone...



In the middle of a battle that began long before my time, but one that affects me every day, in every way. It is debilitating and motivating at the same time.

There is a bombardment of physical, emotional, psychological and spiritual artillery set against my brothers and sisters in the Lord, and because I care… well, it hurts. Cancers, blood clots, surgeries, never-ending fevers, lay-offs, discovered masses, down times, deaths, overworked and going on empty, babies being sacrificed for “no hope” (or should we say for convenience’s sake?), broken hearts, overwhelming doubts and fears, men with such sad and hopeless eyes, weak wills, no strength to continue on… on and on I could go; trial after trial, in an effort to wear us down, weaken us, hurt us, discourage us, destroy us. And, yet, when we are weak, God is STRONG.

I will not stand by and be trampled!!! I will not lie down and just die!!! That is not the way of a child of the living God. That is not the way of an heir with Christ. That is not the way of a sinner saved by grace who now has “the same Spirit that raised Christ from the dead” living in her. We are more than conquerors in Christ! We have the victory through Jesus! Let us STAND in faith! Let us STAND in hope! Let us STAND in confidence in the ONE who has control and knows all… Let us TRUST IN, CLING TO, AND RELY ON JESUS!! Let us believe!! AMEN! Keep holding on. Keep seeking. Keep drawing close to God, because when you do He has promised to draw near to you. And, keep persevering and taking the right path… whether, crawling, trudging, running, walking or whatever… KEEP GOING!!!

For, “No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it.” (from 1 Corinthians 10:13 NASB)

IN CHRIST ALONE (by Michael English- singer and songwriter)
In Christ alone will I glory
Though I could pride myself
In battles won
For I've been blessed beyond measure
And by His strength alone, I overcome
Oh, I could stop and count successes
Like diamonds in my hands
But these trophies could not equal
To the grace, by which I stand

In Christ alone
I place my trust
And find my glory
In the power of the cross
In every victory
Let it be said of me
My source of strength
My source of hope
Is Christ alone

In Christ alone will I glory
For only by His grace
I am redeemed
And only His tender mercy
Could reach beyond my weakness
To my need
Now I seek no greater honor
Than just to know Him more
And to count my gains but losses
And to the glory of my Lord

In Christ alone
I place my trust
And find my glory
In the power of the cross
In every victory
Let it be said of me
My source of strength
My source of hope
Is Christ alone

No comments:

Post a Comment