Wednesday, June 23, 2010

June 23, 2010 A Glad Update with a Hint of Vent...

I know, I know... I have not been around much. Sorry about that. I do think of lots of things to write but have not had a chance to do much actual writing down. If you want to see some of what I have been up to, feel free to stop by my other blog http://daysease.blogspot.com/ I have been making lots of Artist Trading Cards (ATCs) because I have been going through some unexplainable Crafty Craze. :-) Go see! Here is just one of the ATC papercuts.



So, anyhow...

School is out! I am so glad! I have all of my kids home with me, and I have decided something drastic... The plan is to have a calm, relaxed summer. Meaning, no summer camp, no crazy plans that make me stressed out, etc... Of course, there is always something that pops into life to change that, but that is the point. I don't want to be stressed out before those "things" pop into life. I really want to enjoy my kids and do special things with them. So... I have experiments, books to read together, and other activites lined up. I really want to introduce the kids to things like making mousetrap cars, inventing things, etc... I am so excited. So are they. They are actually glad to be home and to be able to do such fun things. If you have any ideas, please feel free to share them!! I can use ideas!!

The only ones who are not so excited and don't understand... the outside world. Some people in my church and community are making life a bit more difficult with their insistency that I add some things to my life and schedule, but you know what... I have the best and greatest calling ever. I want to be the best mom I can be. I want my kids to remember having a blast together. I want them to like to be home. I want them to love the Lord and to love each other. I am called to "train them in the way they should go". There is NO job outside of maintaining marriage or child raising that anyone can convince me is more important or more worthwhile than those. My job is to minister to my family in this season of life. By doing so I am actualy ministering to others who are watching, observing, and wondering. Who knew?

God knew!! And so, in the simplest ways I can, I am pouring myself into my kids, my marriage, and into relationships around me. My goal... to be a good steward so I can see good fruit grow. If I am not around, or so busy with volunteering, working, etc..., how in the world will that happen? It makes me sad to hear people say that they think I am not using my gifts as I should or to the best of my abilities. Huh? I sing to my kids, and to others when I feel to do so. I read to my kids and make them laugh. I keep my husband happy, and we are more in love than ever. I papercut every chance I get. I am trying to do better with maintaining our home. I email loved ones continually, and frankly, people wonder how I do it all. And then they criticize and think that I am not doing enough. Well, go figure...

Funny thing is... I am more content than I have EVER been. I am at peace with this decision. I finally am "relaxing and enjoying" my family and my home more than I ever have. That is a BIG deal for me! I know Restlesseness and Panic Attacks well. I have dealt with depression and stress. I know that I want to be better. And, I know that I have prayed for confirmation about how and when to eliminate certain activities, and God has made it clear. I think it is interesting when people think I should listen to them more than God Himself. It is laughable.

I keep leaning on this verse from Colossians 3... "Do all things as unto the Lord and not to man." This is all for You, Lord! Take it, grow it, use it, and bless it!!And help me to stay on the path that You have for me, to hear Your voice, and to be sensitive to Your Spirit. Love you, Jesus!

4 comments:

  1. our ministry is to our family first and foremost!!! you're doing the right thing honoring God by putting your family first...when those other "ministry" opportunities come if you can and are available then you do them =) i hope you enjoy a fun filled summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. dear daysease...just a quick note because we have to be going out soon,,but i want to tell you how much i enjoyed your comments over at mr. old geezers, and i came a read a little of your blog and i think that i have to come back and read some more...this post is so good!
    you are doing what the lord wants you to do..you are a joyful mother of children and what else could be better than your dedication to them...they are blessed and they in turn are blessing you!....from terry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Terry, thank you for your comment. I hope you will come back and that God will bless your heart with something I share. Your encouragement is very much appreciated. Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Claudia... Has been a really tough, battling week, though. I am grateful for the resolve I know that the Lord has put in my heart, and I am grateful for His peace that passes all understanding. He is great!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete