Sunday, July 25, 2010

July 4, 2010 Giosaia's 8th Birthday Party...

We had a double (okay triple) themed birthday party. We held it on July 4th, so of course come colors were from that. You know, Red, white, and blue, stars and stripes... The first two original themes were as follows: King Josiah in the Bible became king at 8 years old, and He was a king who loved God. He followed many years of evil kings, and pleased God. And... to go along with my year-long animal themes, I decided to use an animal that was known for being king, but did not want to use a lion. Any guesses who the animal part of the theme was based on? If you guessed BABAR then you are correct. I loved the choices, and so did my son. Different is one of the things I like. Originality mixed with the usual. By the way, there are no birthday parties that I could find online based on this character. Odd, I think. Anyhow, it was a simple, but fun, party. Lots of food, laughter, and fellowship.

Giosaia, we love you so much. We are so proud of you, and we cannot believe that you are 8 already. Stay in the light of the SON!!!



The card I made for Giosaia... titled "Babar and the Red Balloon"...


The whole view of the elephant garland...


An elephant garland...


A combined celebration: Happy 4th of July and Happy 8th Birthday!!!


Zucchini bread cake turned out PERFECTLY. Homemade ganache for frosting. Colored with food coloring. Yummy, yummy, yummy...











Romina...


Emanuele...


The last of my American mini marshmallows put to good use... Rice Krispie Treats! Yummy!


Dario says, "YUM!"...


Buddies... Antonio, Sophia, Augusto, and Giosaia...


Martina...


Friends from Rome with Antonio and Giosaia...


Chalk art and soccer...


Chalk art...








Funniest thing... I always debate on whether to sing "Happy Birthday" in Italian or English. It was taken out of my hands as the kids all started singing in ENGLISH. (I did not have to say a word!) hahahahaha!! Fun!


Augusto


Nonna and Giosaia...


Sophia and Giosaia with her sweet picture...







Here it is, the gift from Grandma and Grandpa... A remote control car!... OOH-AHHH!

1 comment:

  1. again wonderful creativity and i LOVED babar as a child....actually still do...hee hee! and the addition looks like it's coming along nicely can't wait to see the finished product =)

    ReplyDelete