Wednesday, December 1, 2010

December 1, 2010... Medical Soap Opera Update 1...


My bandaged up legs... I do this (cleaning and wrapping)3 times a day...


Right Leg Burn as of Monday... (yellowishness due to cleaning medicine, not to healing bruising.. hahaha)


Left Leg Burn as of Monday... (yellowishness due to cleaning medicine, not to healing bruising.. hahaha)




So... as of tomorrow evening it will be a week since I got burned. I was amazed that I felt full peace and joy for the first two full days. I was elated that it was not worse and the kids were safe, and I truly felt an inexplicable sense of peace and joy just because God is faithful and always good. I knew He was and is helping me to heal and to deal with the challenges of this daily life. I am also experiencing itching which I am attributing to signs of healing. Sometimes, it nearly drives me crazy. I have to concentrate hard on why it is important to deal with it and not scratch. hahaah... OUCH!!! And, since this last note below, I have found that I am getting around just a touch more, making it easier to do some more than I have been able to. Not all, but more. Slowly, but still improvement. :-) I will rejoice even for the little improvements. :-)

Anyhow... Here is my email to family and friends from Sunday and Monday:

On Monday I asked Anthony to help me take the three youngest kids to the pediatrician. I have come to really like this doctor, and she has come to also enjoy seeing us. When she saw me, of course her main concern was my kids. Dario has an ear infection. Miranda and Luca have croup, but nothing major. Thank the Lord. She noticed me quiet and acting sort of oddly, not intentionally, but frankly I could not figure out why I was in so much pain. That is because I was so stupid as to forget to take my pain meds before leaving the door, thank you very much. Sigh…

So… Anthony was with me and recounted all that happened. She was horrified for us, of course. I told her what our family doctor had said, and she asked to see the burns. When she lifted up just a small portion she exclaimed… Oh, Signora, these are not 1st and 2nd degree burns. These are for sure 2nd and 3rd degree burns. !!!!!!!!!!!! I felt sort of betrayed, and upon entering the car had my only cry since it all happened. Don’t even ask me how I have not cried in these days. I have laughed plenty. :-) So… I am disappointed that I will have a longer healing time, most likely. I am having a hard time walking and getting around and accomplishing stuff, which had me frustrated several times, but I still feel that the Lord is with me every step of the way. “there can be no healing without thanksgiving”, right??? So… Bless the Lord, o my soul, and all that is within me bless His holy name!!!

Hope this note finds you well. With so much affection…

Celita :-)

P.S Here are pictures of Tuesday, November 30.

4 comments:

  1. Wowza, Kiddo~~you have had a crazy autumn. You're in my thoughts and prayers~
    Hugs & Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to say I've been thinking of you. Praying your burns heal quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i burned my leg as of recently and I had no idea how to wrap my burn,it loos a little smaller than yours and blistered. I am about to bandage it.

    ReplyDelete