Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A Portion of Voices of the Faithful, Book 2...


I had to share this. HAD TO... These are a couple of portions from the book that have completely spoken to me.

From the portion from May 8... "God provides when He says, GO." The applicable prayer at the bottom of the page... "Thank You, Jehovah Jireh, for providing my every need and for using those moments of urgent need to teach me both physical and spiritual dependency. Help me abandon my plans of security and seek Your wisdom alone."

From the portion from May 10... (THIS HIT ME HARD... I may not be a career missionary, but I KNOW so much of THIS!! Not all, but some...)
Scripture reference from Philippians 4:13
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

The devotional goes on to say,
"People in the States often ask,'Do you like where you live?' Not always. Many times we can appreciate the beauty of the places where we serve and the people we live among. Sometimes we can't. On those days when my vision seems to fail, I call to mind Paul's confident claim in Philippians 4:13. GOD CHALLENGES ME TO MAKE IT PERSONAL. I can live in this place through Christ who strengthens me. I give up my personal freedom to dress as I choose and to go where I choose through Christ who gives me strength. I can deal righteously with people who constantly beg me for money through Christ who gives me strength. I can be flexible when plans suddenly change and my expectations are not met through Christ who strengthens me. I can live in a world of uncertainty and violence through Christ who strengthens me. I can daily witness through Christ who strengthens me.

No, life on the mission field is not always easy. The struggles and annoyances we face are real. But joy comes from surrendering our frustrations to God. We give Him our weaknesses, and He replaces them with His strength. Then our vision is restored, and we can continue doing His work and sharing His love with those around us."

AMEN!!! Please, pray for the missionaries across the globe. They need our prayers and intercessory care. And, remember those of us, also, who are not career missonaries, but still living in a foreign land with foreign customs, and challenges you may not be able to imagine. Thank you.

1 comment: