Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Hard Decisions, Battling, And Seeing Fruit For The Faith-Waiting...

Sometimes doing what is right... stings. It is not always easy. Sometimes, it is a matter of choosing the best of two evils, and leaving the result in God's capable hands. Sometimes it is to protect, to preserve, to assist, to prevent. Sometimes it is just something that has to be dealt with because it has crossed our path.

Whatever it is, perhaps this will give you hope, as it has to me...

Philippians 1:6 says,
"being confident of this very thing that He who began a good work in me will bring it to completion."

I have no control... We have no control... over much of anything, really. Think about it, when you think you DO have control is when the dishwasher breaks down, your car dies, your kid starts to act up in school, you realize you forgot to pay that bill, the flu hits, your job lays you off, there is a storm when the weather man said it would be sunny so you have to cancel that outing, etc...etc...etc... There are so many things.

I have come to see, though, that as I trust in God for each moment of the day, He is teaching me to be more flexible, which does not come easily for me. I am seeing how He is slowly, oh so slowly, teaching me to pass on through trials with some grace, and a good measure of hope to keep going. I am seeing, above all, that HE is faithful, good, always faithful, and NEVER fails.

Today He answered a very important prayer request for me. I am so blessed that He has heard my heart's cry after so many months. What I said in the first paragraph is what happened for me. I took a step out in faith, in a direction that I believed was the correct path, but still seemed uncertain and painful and hard, and He met me. Today.

While the future is still full of unknowns; While fear and doubt still play havoc on my peace; While I wait for direction and wisdom, I can rest assured that as He has been faithful in the past, He will continue to be today and in every tomorrow. He is, after all, the same Yesterday, Today, and Always.

May You come to see how very much He loves you and wants to be a part of your life, to give you hope, fill you with peace and a new song in your heart. Blessings on your own spiritual journey. May you find the One-and-Only Way- Jesus. He is sufficient for ALL of your needs. The real ones, not the ones that are dust covers over them.

Sincerely,
Celita

P.S. Oh, and if you are interested...

I have new posts on my two other blogs as well.

Check out Tongue-Tried BiLinguist and Daysease Wordlets And Craftivities... Thank you.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your heart. I definitely needed to be reminded of God's love and provision.

    Thanks for visiting me at A Season For All Things. I'm your newest follower and look forward to reading more of your posts. ~ Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    I just visited your Blog. I really liked what it said on your "About Me." I have a close relationship too with Jesus in my heart. Me and my daughters just started a new Blog, and we would love it if you could visit us and follow. The link is: http://redrosealley.blogspot.com We just recently did a post about "Home Treasures," and it will give you a chance to get to know us a little better. Hope to hear from you, and have a sweet day.
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi.
    I don't notice the "design" button on the right side. I'll have my daughters try to figure it out. Thanks for following me, and I look forward to hearing your wonderful words.
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, Red Rose Alley, nice to "see" you again. :-) You have to go into the part where you write a new post. Then in the bar above is a button called "design". :-) I hope that helps. Either way, thanks for stopping by. Have a great night!!

    ReplyDelete