Thursday, September 29, 2011

Choose Joy (ESPECIALLY in the hard times)...


Keith Goodson...www.goldenbrushintl.com

The days have been heavy. I miss her. Sara, Gitzengirl, went to be with Jesus on September 24th. (Check her blog for more information on that and details about what they have planned.)I keep expecting her blog posts to automatically show up in my inbox, but... the only ones that are coming in are the ones posted by her friend, Shannon, explaining funeral plans and the lovely things occuring surrounding Sara's homegoing.

My heart hurts. Funny that I should feel so weepy for someone that I have not met in person, but... that is how much of an influence she had. Her words have become a part of my heart. Her message of joy infectious even in her passing. I do not say it has been easy. I am saying that I really want to daily Choose Joy, and I work at it.

Please continue to keep Sara's family and loved ones in your prayers. If you have lost anyone, you know that this is the beginning of the healing journey. May God's grace sustain them, fill them with peace, and comfort their hearts. He is good, faithful, and never fails. :-)

In the midst of all of these feelings regarding Gitz's death, other challenges, new and heavy, have come about. I am just waiting and praying. I can do nothing but that, but... One thing I know: when I can do nothing, I can rest assured that God hears and answers prayer, and He CAN do something. That is oftentimes the most powerful place to be- On my knees.

So... I hope you are well. May God fill you with His hope and peace, and overflow your soul with faith to believe.

C

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. It sounds like she was so special to you. It is a wonderful reminder to "Choose Joy," and I will think about that on this beautiful Sunday.
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete