Friday, November 11, 2011

Changes, Trust, and Surrender...


Mary Engelbreit has some cute make-and-takes and desktop wallpaper. See HERE...

I received this post from my friend, Julie (AKA Octamom), this morning, and I was struck by how well I recognized the feelings in what she shared. I was transported through various challenging times of change, and I was reminded; Reminded of HOW hard those times were...

Please, read THIS POST, and then scroll down to my own thoughts on what was shared...

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

“Still changing, changing still”. Ouch… I feel the same way. I think often of the Sara Groves song “Painting Pictures of Egypt” when I start longing to go back to those old places and grieving over the changes. I dealt with these feelings so much over the first few years after we moved here to Italy. I ached for old things, forgetting the hurt and grief that did exist even in them. Funny how well we forget. Anyhow, I know that I still ache and grieve for “how things were” in relationships, location, etc… but I KNOW that the Lord is challenging me to really put more focus into where my citizenship REALLY is. Ouch. It is not easy having to refocus my desires and longings into something that is not currently tangible or seen. You know? But… the desire is growing more and more.

I have always loved the moon. There was something comforting as it would shine in my window when I was a kid. Kids would talk to imaginary friends, I would talk to the moon. Kind of like a friend that is ALWAYS there when it is supposed to be. Every night, even under clouds, still there. It is comforting to know that the SAME GOD who created the SAME MOON over the entire earth, is THERE to fill in our empty places and longings, to comfort, heal, encourage, lift up, and that we are the apple of His eye. That brings me so much comfort, as He has directed us so far from dreams I had, longings unfulfilled that sit suspended over our oceans of travel. Life will NEVER be the same, the way I thought it would be, how I hoped, but this I KNOW for sure… As long as I am in God’s plan for me and my family, we will be just fine. Not MY fine, His fine.

The changes were hard for me, have always been; but now my kids are acknowledging them… the what-could-have-been's, the never-were's, the why's, where's, and how's… I am glad that I can stand firm in knowing that God’s best is not always my best, His timing is not always my timing, His ways are not always my ways, but they are perfect. That is what I share with my kids, hard as it is sometimes.

Remember... Nothing on this earth lasts forever, no matter how we try to restore, reenact, revarnish, re-whatever... NOTHING! We must try to be less earthly minded and wrapped up in it all, lost in it all, and focus on what we are REALLY here for: Worshipping God, Going into all the world to share HIS truth, and occupying with things that will continue to glorify His name.

I fail often. I get sidetracked, distracted, self-centered, self-involved, etc... But... That means that I have to get back up again and work at it again and again and again. Building endurance to stay focused. Stand firm, dear one. God hears the heart of the humble. Ask Him, and He will give you strength, hope, peace. He will surprise you with things to encourage you along the way, like little scented petals scattered along your path, so as to woo you to Him. Let Him draw you to Him. That is where there is relief, healing, hope, and unconditional and whole love. Go, and be blessed in Jesus' name.

No comments:

Post a Comment